Summit Bike Share
The Summit Bike Share program has ended for the 2022 season. Bikes will be available again at the Library in spring 2023.
Summit Bike Share is Summit County’s free bicycle share system, with 40 bikes available at nine stations across Summit County. Summit Bike Share stations are conveniently located in the heart of downtown Akron and downtown Barberton, all within a short distance of shops, restaurants, businesses, and the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail. Operated by the Ohio & Erie Canalway Coalition, Summit bike Share provides an accessible, eco-friendly, and healthy method of transportation for residents and visitors of Summit County.
Please note the following when borrowing a bike from the Barberton Public Library:
- Valid state ID and cellphone number required
- Borrowers must be 18 years or older. Younger riders must be accompanied by an adult. Bikes intended to be used by borrowers only
- Summit Bike Share agreement must be signed
- Reservations not available, first come first serve only please
- Borrow for up to 3 hours
- Bikes must be returned 1 hour before Library closing or 1 hour before sunset, whichever is earliest.
- 4 adult bikes available
- 1 youth bike available
- Helmets provided