Getting a library card is an easy, two-step process.
Step 1 – Fill out a card application.
- Juvenile Card Application (for children birth through 17 years of age)
- Adult Card Application (for those aged 18 years and older)
- Teacher Card Application (for those teaching in public or private schools, homeschooling, or other educational settings)
Step 2 – Bring your completed application to the Library along with a valid Ohio State ID. If your ID does not show your current address, you will need to bring a piece of U.S. mail or an electronic bill dated within the last 30 days.
Please review the Borrowing Policy (PDF) which describes your privileges and responsibilities as a cardholder.
Apply for a Library Card Online
Library eCards obtained online are only valid for electronic materials (eBooks, digital magazines, databases, etc.) until valid photo identification and proof of current address is presented in person at the Barberton Public Library or Community Health Branch. Juvenile eCards are only valid for electronic materials until a parent or guardian visits a library location with valid photo identification and proof of current address.
If you had a library card with us in the past, you will need to visit the library to reactivate or replace your card. Online applications will not be processed if you are already on file. You must have a valid email address to apply for an eCard.
Please allow one business day for a staff member to process your application and contact you with account information.
Apply for an eCard
Your new card can open a world of information! The Library is a member of the regional cooperative partnership called CLEVNET.
CLEVNET is a resource sharing consortium of 44 library systems across 12 counties in northern Ohio. By using your Barberton Library card, you have shared access to more than ten million items, exclusive online subscription resources, and a rich collection of downloadable media.
As a Barberton Library card holder, you can:
- Borrow materials from over 40 participating library systems across 12 counties in northern Ohio.
- Have items brought to you from any of the participating library systems.
- Return any CLEVNET materials to Barberton Library.
- Check your library account, place holds, and renew material online through the "My Account" feature.
- Access subscription-only online resources covering topics such as car repair, genealogy, consumer information, and medical information.
- Connect to the eMedia collection to download free audiobooks, eBooks, music, and videos from your home or office computer. If you would like assistance with any of these features, a staff member would be happy to help you!