Get a Library Card
Get a Library Card
A Barberton Public Library card provides access to services and resources that will help you read, discover, and create!
Getting a card is easy! Anyone who lives, works, attends school, or owns property in Ohio is eligible for a Barberton Public Library Card. As a member of CLEVNET, we accept library cards from other CLEVNET member libraries and will not issue duplicate cards to current cardholders.
Barberton Public Library offers several card options:
- Provide access to all circulating materials, eMedia resources, and public computers. To apply, individuals aged 16 and over may visit any Barberton Public Library location and will be asked to provide a photo ID, current address, and date of birth. Acceptable forms of photo ID include a valid driver’s license, state ID card, passport, or military ID. A parent or legal guardian must accompany applicants under the age of 16, or minors 16 and over who do not possess an acceptable photo ID.
- Allow cardholders to borrow up to three print materials owned by Barberton Public Library, as well as access to the Library’s eMedia resources and public computers. To apply, individuals will be asked to provide, at minimum, their name, birth date, and some form of contact information. Access cards are available to any adult or child who is unable to qualify for a standard card or any child under the age of 18 whose standard card is blocked or has been referred to a materials recovery service. Standard cardholders over the age of 18 are not eligible for an access card regardless of their account status.
- Provide individuals who function as educators in a number of settings, and provide cardholders with extended loan periods on select materials owned by Barberton Public Library.
- Provide access to the Library’s eMedia resources only. To apply, please fill out our online application. Cardholders with any other type of Barberton Public Library or CLEVNET member library card are not eligible for eCards.
For full information on getting a library card, and information on borrowers’ responsibilities, please see our Library Card Policy.
For information on your existing library card, please call us at 330-745-1194 option1 for assistance.
Renewing a Library Card
- After a period of time, your library card may expire. We just need to update your information. This can be done online at clevnet.org/renew. Online renewals are only good for one year. If you would like a longer renewal period or need to update your contact information please call 330-745-1194 option 1 and we can manually update your information.