Who are the Friends of the Barberton Public Library?
The Friends of the Barberton Public Library is a 501(c) 3 volunteer organization that exists to help enrich the programs, services, and materials provided to the community by the Library. Through Friends support, additional programs and services that cannot be included in the Library's tax-supported budget are made possible. The Friends of the Library has two main sources of funding: the generous support of members who pay yearly dues and the revenues generated by book sales.
Who are the officers in the Friends and when do they meet?
Regular bi-monthly meetings are on the third Wednesday of every other month.
(January, March, May, July, September, November)
at 6:00 pm in the Spillette Meeting Room on the lower level of the Library.
All are welcome to attend!
President – Janet Ehrich
Vice President – Natalie Genet
Treasurer - Kelly Fuller
Secretary – Patricia Warner
Directors – Marilyn Dickel, Jennifer La Fleur, Conrad Storad, Kat Potts-Brooks
If you would like to help with book sales, please email us at email@example.com. Many thanks to everyone who is helping on the book sale committee.
Our Book Room Manager is Sara Vargo. This committee works on an ongoing basis to sort, organize, and price items in the saleroom. Lots of help is needed!
What do the Friends do?
- Organize and hold book sales and other fund-raising events
- Provide support to enrich the programs and services provided to the community by the Library
- Support the Library’s levy-funding endeavors
- Support the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten, Got Game!, and Craft Connections programs
- Provided two AWE Early Literacy Stations with support from the Barberton Community Foundation, which allows children ages 2 – 8 years old access to over 70 educational software programs and 4,000 learning activities
- Provided trade show displays, table coverings, and canopy for community events.